Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mr Men gingerbread cookies for a birthday cake


Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas; here's to a New Year filled with blessings!

One of the highlights of Christmas week this year was my attempt at hand-moulding gingerbread dough into Mr Men characters for my son's birthday cake. I used one Betty Crocker's Gingerbread Cookie Mix pouch; the dough was easy to work with and the resulting cookies were delicious.


With a Christmas lunch party to prepare for and host, I figured I'd go the quickie route and get a store-bought cake and then I'd customize it with the gingerbread cookies. And I was incredibly thankful for ready-made cookie icing, ha!


I loved how cute the birthday cake turned out! And of course it all mattered that my birthday boy - and Christmas Day baby - was thrilled with his cake.



Mr Bump, Little Miss Scary, Mr Happy, Mr Birthday gingerbread cookies

1 comment:

Tereza said...

good job on the cake and cookies, very cute!